Friday, June 6, 2014

Leaving Memphis and headed to Tupelo, Mississippi

I got up around the same time I usually get up.  After a cup of coffee I went outside and hooked the car up so that would be out of the way. After getting it all ready to tow I stowed the chairs under our RV and went back inside. Mysti greeted me when I came in so I took her for a walk so she could do her business. When we came back Charlotte was stirring, so while she showered I fed Mysti. When she was done and dressed we had some fruit for breakfast. When I had taken my showed and dressed Charlotte decided to do one more load of washing and everything we had would be clean. While she was washing and drying our laundry Mysti and I went for a long walk down by the river. In about 45 minutes Charlotte had washed and dried our clothes so all we had to do was bring in the slides, dump the waste, stow the water hose, disconnect the electricity and we were on our way.

The trip to Tupelo, Mississippi shouldn't take much more then 2 hours so we won't be rushed. We knew that we were going to have to endure traveling on some bad roads as we left the area. There are some roads in Memphis and West Memphis that could really use some repairs and there aren't the back roads, but I40, I55 and I240. Seems like they just ignore them until they get so bad they come out and lay a piece of steel plating about 4' x 8' x 2" over the hole instead of making the repairs.

After about 30 minutes of driving we were on a good road headed to Tupelo. In about 1 1/2 hours we were pulling into "Campground at Barnes Crossing" the place we were going to spend the next 3 nights.
















After we got set up we decided to drive around and explore Tupelo. Of course the first thing Charlotte wanted to do was check out the mall. They have a beautiful Mall and it's very big. We walked around, checked out some stores and Charlotte ended up buying a little something. (This is the first Mall I have been in since leaving Brandon needed a fix!!!!-Charlotte) On our way to downtown we came across the area where they had a tornado touch down in April 2014. Most of the buildings are still there as they are working to clean up the damage.



















After we reached downtown we drove over to see the house where Elvis Presley was born. We found it without any problems and decided we would visit it tomorrow as it had already closed for the day. On our way back we stopped by a pizza restaurant called "The Lost Pizza Co". We split a large garden salad and a small pizza. his was the first pizza we've had since we left home and boy was it good. We left felling good, not stuffed, but just right. We stopped by Walmart on the way to the campground, When we got back Mysti was ready for her supper. After this we both just relaxed and waited for the rain to stop before going to bed.

More to follow!






































No comments:

Post a Comment